Missing teeth can make it uncomfortable to eat, speak, and share your smile with others. If left untreated, tooth loss can also lead to jaw bone deterioration, gum recession, and weakened remaining teeth. Luckily, there is a simple, permanent solution to remedying tooth loss and protecting your smile’s health: dental implants.
Conquer Tooth Loss for Good
Dental implants replace tooth roots in the jaw and act as a sturdy foundation for fixed or removable artificial teeth. Many dental implant candidates often worry about the pain associated with the procedure, but with a skilled restorative dentist like Dr. Humbert, the treatment will be a breeze!
The Dental Implant Procedure
The procedure for placing dental implants is minimally invasive, but patients may experience some soreness during the healing process. However, Dr. Humbert can prescribe pain-relieving medication, or patients can use over-the-counter medications to reduce discomfort.
The procedure itself is painless, and we strive to make sure each patient is as comfortable and relaxed as possible. We offer different forms of sedation, and we also use local anesthetics to numb the pain.
Here’s how the dental implant procedure works:
- Dr. Humbert performs an evaluation and uses 3-D cone beam imaging to determine how and where to best place the implant.
- He develops an individualized treatment plan tailored to your oral health needs and aesthetic preferences.
- Together, you and Dr. Humbert select the replacement teeth that best complement your smile’s natural shade, as well as your facial features, bone structure, eye color, and skin tone.
- When it’s time for your procedure, our team gently administers local anesthesia to help minimize any pain and anxiety you may experience.
- With the utmost care and caution, Dr. Humbert surgically places the tooth root into the jaw. Over the next several weeks, the jawbone naturally grows around the implant, creating a sturdy foundation for your replacement teeth.
- Your dental implant dentist secures your new teeth into place.
- Voila! Your new and improved smile is complete!
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants have several benefits:
- They mimic natural teeth in look, feel, and function.
- They are permanent, so they don’t wiggle, shift, or rub against your gums as many removable dentures do.
- They support your facial muscles, leading to a more youthful and energized appearance.
- They restore the natural function of your teeth and jaws, which improves your ability to chew, speak, and bite.
- They stimulate the jawbone, reducing the risk of bone deterioration.
- They stabilize neighboring teeth, keeping your smile aligned and symmetrical.
- They can help you look and feel more confident and empowered by your smile!
Are You Ready to Get Dental Implants in Fort Collins?
If you have tooth loss and would like a more complete smile, Dr. Humbert will be happy to discuss your current situation and treatment options. You can call our Fort Collins dental office at (970) 407-1001 to book your consultation or to speak with one of our friendly team members.