Sedation Dental Care Available in Fort Collins, CO
Whether you have dental anxiety or face a potentially painful dental procedure, you can benefit from sedation dentistry. Discover how sedation dental care can ensure that you are comfortable and relaxed during your entire dental appointment, and turn to Centre Family Dentistry in Fort Collins, CO, for quality dental care today.
Why Use Sedation Dentistry?
Sedation dentistry is helpful for many reasons. These reasons include:
- Relief for those who suffer from dental anxiety
- Amnesia for entire dental sessions
- Relief from any dental pain
- Quick work for the dentist
Based on your feelings toward dental visits or the level of dental pain that you might experience, a dentist can help determine if sedation dentistry is a good choice for you.
What Types of Sedation Dentistry Are Available?
Sedation dentistry is available in various forms. The types we offer at Centre Family Dentistry include:
- Oral sedation: A patient takes a pill by mouth or dissolves the pill under their tongue. This sedation is quick to work and can often help the patient remember little to nothing of their dental experience.
- Inhalation conscious sedation: Also known as nitrous oxide or laughing gas, this sedation method works via the patient inhaling it through their nose. Most of the time, the patient relaxes quickly and feels comfortable during the entire procedure. This sedation also is quick to wear off to ensure the patient is able to function normally afterward.
- IV conscious sedation: This sedation method goes right to your bloodstream via an IV. The sedation helps you remember nothing from your time in the dental chair. This sedation method also is quick to work and go away after the dental procedure.
We will evaluate your sedation needs and your current medication to decide which sedation option is right for you.
Schedule your appointment with us today at (970) 407-1001. We look forward to serving you.