What Causes Tooth Discoloration?
Teeth become discolored for different reasons:
- Drinking coffee, tea, or colas.
- Some antibiotics may darken developing teeth in children.
- Aging - The dentin underneath the enamel of a tooth gradually darkens with age.
- Use of tobacco products.
- Accidents - If a tooth has been traumatized, sometimes the nerve will gradually "die", and the tooth becomes dark.
- After Root Canal Therapy, a tooth will generally darken.
What Can Be Done About Tooth Discoloration?
The four most common remedies for tooth discoloration are:
Each patient must be evaluated individually, so Contact Us to set up a consultation. Dr. Humbert will discuss the appropriate options with you for your particular case.